Tuesday, May 24, 2011

5-24-11

The crops are looking great down at the farm. One of the tomatoes is absolutely perfect, growing fast and looking healthy. The other two tomatoes are very questionable. I had to pinch a lot of their leaves off because they were dead or dying. The carrots are looking good to the ones that have grown(3). We might have to replant some. The lettuce absolutely failed so i replanted all of them today. The nasturtium are looking very good and healthy. I am not very confident with the basil. They are still growing but not looking as good as the other plants. I planted 2 strawberry plants so we will see how that turns out. The peas are looking fantastic and growing very fast. I put coffee grinds around all the plants except the basil. Today the ambient temperature was 28 degrees Celsius. The soil temperature was 18 degrees Celsius and the moisture was 17.4%.  I saw 1 bee today. For an update on the experiment, the two tomato plants that i put the nutrients on are not looking healthy. This may not be the nutrients fault. I think those tomatoes are just bad plants but I think the nutrients had no effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment